Sunday, December 27, 2009

How to prevent finger nail infection when the throbbing pain just started?

I recently had a hang nail and I pulled it out, as a result I got a finger nail infection in which i needed to go to the hospital and get antibiotics. I just got another hang nail and I cut it off hoping to avoid the previous infection but the same ';throbbing and hot'; symptoms are appearing. I do not want another infection so is there anything I can do as preventative at this point?How to prevent finger nail infection when the throbbing pain just started?
Man I HATE those dang hangnails. What I do is wash it thoroughly with antibacterial soap and then get a quarter of a cotton ball, soak with alcohol, then using a band aid, wrap the cotton ball up right nest to the bleeding part. Keep it on overnight. That will prevent infection (for me it does) and therefore relieve throbbing. it will still hurt for a while, but the throbbing should be minimized. Also, take some ibuprofen (for the throbbing), it helps! I'd take 4 (x 200mg)

No comments:

Post a Comment