Thursday, January 21, 2010

Have any ladies ever gotten a infection from getting manicured nails?

I want to get a french set done, I've never gotten a manicure ever, but want to. Have any of the ladies ever gotten an infection from the nail salon.. you know like what happend to Paula Abdul?????Have any ladies ever gotten a infection from getting manicured nails?
Yes, but on my toe!! You have to make sure that stuff is sterilized and fresh supplies brought out for each customer (nail file, wooden stick, etc.) Also, if they nip your skin, STOP, leave and let it heal .. put some antibiotic ointment on it.





Good Luck to you!Have any ladies ever gotten a infection from getting manicured nails?
Yeah!!! My neice!!! Make sure that the salon that you go to has their instruments in blue sanitizing solution!!! You will know if you start developing a fungus, it will be like an olive green and it takes a while for it to clear up. Making sure the salon practices good sanitation procedures makes you breath a little easier when you go in to have it done.
Yes, I got a NASTY staph infection from getting the cuticle pushed back and could have lost my finger tip.





Don't push back your cuticle - it's there to protect you from germs. My doctor has forbidden me to have any more manicures!
my mom has had a french manicure for ever!!! and of course she re-does it but she has never gotten an infection
Make sure the slaon is clean, that they sterilize their equipment and use fresh tools (when it's possible). Fungal infections are the most commonly spread at salons, due to lack of proper cleaning techniques between clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment