Thursday, January 21, 2010

My 4 yr old boy bites his nails so much that now he has an infection/growth on his thumb, what do we do?

he bit most of his nails completely off. we even put hot sauce on his hands sometimes so he doesn't bite, but he still does. now on his thumb there is what looks like an infection, it's really small, but it concerns me. other than taking him to the doc to check out the infection I don't know what to do to make him stop.My 4 yr old boy bites his nails so much that now he has an infection/growth on his thumb, what do we do?
You shouldn't be asking ';other than the doc'; as taking him to the doctor is the first thing you should do. Your son has an infection, which should signal to you that he needs medical attention!





Also a good ped will provide information as how to stop it. If you feel that you don't have a good pediatrician, then find one that you can trust. Our ped gives us info for everything, from diaper rash to potty training to nutrition, to everything that we would ever need to ask. He even double checks at physicals to make sure the kids wear bike helmets!My 4 yr old boy bites his nails so much that now he has an infection/growth on his thumb, what do we do?
Sounds like he needs a toy or something else to keep himself occupied with. I think they sell those thumpsucker caps at the local kids ur us. I would also talk to your pediatrician and see what they recommend. Also, try telling the child in a nice way to stop.
GRANDMA HERE.... Somewhere I heard that it comes from a vitamin deficiency. Ask the doctor.
It's embarassing to admit, but I used to suck my thumb when I was a kid. My parents used to put this stuff on my thumb that made it taste horrible. That made me stop.
My son does the same thing and no one could give me advice. I tried some nail polish, yes on my son, and told him not to bite his pretty fingers. It worked. Fortunately my husband was open minded, so i bought cheap dark blue and black nail polish. If this doesn't work in the long term then we are both in the same frustrating situation.
Tell him how bad it is for him to bite his nails-tell him if he dosent stop, you will have to take him to the doctor for a ';stop nail biting';SHOT!!...or put gloves on his hands.
When my bro used to bite nails, my parents used to give him one tight slap. He stopped it in a month or so.
  • makeup school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment