Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why would and infection in my toe nail make my whole toe turn black and some of my foot?

You need to see a doctor right away. What you are describing sounds like gangrene.


Gangrene is a complication of necrosis (i.e., cell death) characterized by the decay of body tissues, which become black and malodorous. It is caused by infection or ischemia, such as from thrombosis (blocked blood vessel). It is usually the result of critically insufficient blood supply (e.g., peripheral vascular disease) and is often associated with diabetes and long-term smoking. This condition is most common in the lower extremities. The best treatment for gangrene is revascularization (i.e., restoration of blood flow) of the affected organ, which can reverse some of the effects of necrosis and allow healing. Other treatments include auto-amputation, debridement and local care, or surgical amputation. The method of treatment is generally determined depending on location of affected tissue and extent of tissue loss.Why would and infection in my toe nail make my whole toe turn black and some of my foot?
YOU NEED TO GET TO A DOCTOR..... YESTERDAY.Why would and infection in my toe nail make my whole toe turn black and some of my foot?
Gangrene diabetes no circulation


get medical help


treat infection


SOON POSSIBLE LOSS OF FEET FOOT OR LEG
Your toe is ';screaming'; help. It is infection gone haywire. Skin discolouration sounds real serious.


Go get URGENT medical attention.
I agree with the others who say it sounds like gangrene. I thought that as soon as I read your question. You don't mention pain or a bad smell, but nevertheless, you HAVE to go to a doctor immediately before it gets any worse.
Get to a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See above. Your foot may be dying. Ever see someone with REALLY bad frostbite?
Dude, they are gonna cut your toe off. Get your butt to the doctor and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment