Thursday, January 21, 2010

I had a small infection at the side of my thumb nail about 4 weeks ago. I was prescribed?

Rifampin and Doxycycline because I am a Staph carrier. I took that for 10 days and i seemed to get better until I go off the medication. I had thyroid surgery and was put back on Doxycycline and my thumb got better but it still hurt a little. My question is today it looks like my nail is going to come off. Is that normal for such a small infection. Could it have been something else? If so what?I had a small infection at the side of my thumb nail about 4 weeks ago. I was prescribed?
My uneducated guess is that it could've been a combination of everything your bod's been going through. If that nail is coming off, it's probably better off to grow a new one, and there might have been more fungus than just the staph.


Have the doc take a peek anyway, the next time you go in, you'll rest easier then.


I had a small infection at the side of my thumb nail about 4 weeks ago. I was prescribed?
It's possible that this is a result of your chronic status. Have your doctor take a look at your thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment