Tuesday, January 19, 2010

PLEASE HELP! I have an infection on the side of my finger near the nail bed?

I was grabbing something and the nail broke horizontally, causing me a lot of pain since it would bend at the crack, etc.





I was due for a new acrylic fill anyway %26amp; usually when they apply a new layer of bond it strengthens the entire nail and the pain subsides.





This time however, it felt better for a day, but now I'm in extreme pain. I checked the nail and it appears that the skin was possibly stuck to the side with glue, etc. Usually you just pull the skin away and it goes away.





I keep pulling the skin away, but it's not helping. The area is swollen and thin white pus is coming out, and now the area's turning red, etc. and the pain is so excrutiating I can't use the finger at all now.





I've been applying bactine several times a day and antibiotic last night.





Can anyone else recommend a course of action to heal it.





i.e., do I soak it? Do I put steriodal cream on it?





I don't want for it to develop into a worse infection.





I appreciate your help!!!!PLEASE HELP! I have an infection on the side of my finger near the nail bed?
you have a pretty nasty infection and it could get worse it not treated with oral antibiotics soon.





make an appointment to see your doctor within 24 hours.





wash finger with warm water and mild soap (ivory or dove work best) things with dyes or perfumes will irritate it more.





apply a thin layer of neosporin to the wound and wrap the finger in gauze wrap. this will help keep other dirt and germs from entering and also help to treat the germs that are already there.





take ibuprofen for pain and swelling. take 200-400mg every 6 hours but no more than 1200mg in 24 hours.





report to the er if:





-you start running a fever of 101.0 or higher


-you see red lines extending from your finger up your hand and arm (this indicated the infection has gotten into your bloodstream and you'll need i.v antibiotics asap)


-your finger begins to swell more,has increased redness,or the pus changes to a green or brownish-yellow color.





these are all signs the infection has gotten worse and you'll need i.v medication to treat it.PLEASE HELP! I have an infection on the side of my finger near the nail bed?
Hi





better go for a complete nail removal and let new nail to grow.. If u do so





in 20 days there will be a peremenant cure for ur finger nail





regards





aroun
dont get your nails done for awhile first of all. Put neosporin on it and a bandage. If it doesnt clear up go to the dr. It might need antibiotics.
Go to the doctor. Nail beds are great places for infection because the bugs get protected against drying out and can thrive in there. You could end up with a serious blood infection. GO!!!
TEA TREE OIL
you could lose a finger this way, fake nails cause nail fungus and infections that can cause you perminant harm. you likely will end up with blood poisoning from this. go to a doctor you twit

No comments:

Post a Comment