Saturday, January 23, 2010

I recently got my nails done and had a slight cut, what are the chances of getting infections or possibly aids?

she cut my finger then started to finish filing the fingers on my right hand and she held it while she was finishing the rest of the fingers. after that it started bleeding so she used some sort of antiseptic liquid to stop it from bleeding. after when all the filing was done on both hands another lady was going to paint my nails and i told her that i got cut.. so then she got a antiseptic swab and cleaned it more.I recently got my nails done and had a slight cut, what are the chances of getting infections or possibly aids?
HIV does not live outside the human body for very long at all. Also, HIV is actually, despite popular belief, not at all easy to catch. Most of the time you have to have direst contact with the infected blood, or, like with sharing needles, be injecting it into your blood stream. The chances of you getting HIV from the way you described are so small that I wouldn't even bother getting tested for it.





I would be much more worried about getting a staph infection. Just be weary if you spike a fever in the next few days.I recently got my nails done and had a slight cut, what are the chances of getting infections or possibly aids?
IF the tools used to cut you were not sterilized properly and they cut a person with an infection or HIV/Aids then it is entirely possible to get it. Did you see the staff putting the tool in a sterile solution or oven? Or did you watch them give someone else a manicure then just wipe off the tools and give another customer a manicure? Wiping does not sterilize. They use special solutions and things to do it up to code!
they replace (or they should) all of those tools every time. if its not a disposable one, then they are soaked in a blue fluid, which kills everything. and even if that is not the things that happened, the chances of you getting HIV is still quite low.
keep the wound clean %26amp; dry. refrain from manicures if you have open wounds in the future -the salon is at more risk of contamination from the bacteria in/on your body. follow up with your doctor if you notice signs of an infection.
I wouldn't worry about it. They cleaned it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment