Thursday, January 21, 2010

Infection under tonail? ( Getting nail taken off tomorrow)?

My daughter is 13 , for the last 7 weeks shes had an infection under her big toenail , and has been to the doctor every few days , and has taken a course of antibiotics and has had her toe cleaned and dressed also many times. Today the doctor sugested she should have her toenail taken off tomorrow and said it will be better in a few days. He thinks it was black nailvarnish that caused the infection . I am concerned as to why it has not healed with all the dressings etc.. When she gets the nail off will this cure the problem? or could there be any other cause for this not healing.


Please Help .


Thanks !Infection under tonail? ( Getting nail taken off tomorrow)?
My self , my ds, and my dd, we have all had this problem. They give the toe a shot so you can't feel it. They only take some of the side that is infected. Then she put in a cetain acid wich makes it not grow back. I have had this done almost two years ago and not any more problems. It does hurt but it feels so much better then having a infected toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment