Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Question about nail and nail bed -possible fungal infection-?

I've had a slight whitening under the 1/4 left part of my left hand ring finger nail. I noticed that that part of the nail was separated from the nail bed so I carefully cut the disconnected white part away so I could add tropical remedy creams for what I gathered was a fungal infection. (classic symptoms: ridged nail, whitening, slight discoloration of nail bed, etc)


Now, with that done it doesn't seem to be improving at all. The nail is still rather ridged and not as smooth as all my other nails. And it doesn't seem that the part I cut away, and is growing back is going to connect to the nail bed SO my question is do you think it is better to have the entire nail (3/4 of it) removed to allow growth of a complete new one? ...Or should I try some other remedy that I have yet to try; like oral meds or the like.


Any sound advice (professional or not) would be greatly appreciated.





-What should I do?Question about nail and nail bed -possible fungal infection-?
same question...many have asked....http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>Question about nail and nail bed -possible fungal infection-?
What you are describing could very well be a fungal infection....but it sounds more like psoriasis . I have dealt with this yukky disease for many years now, and you described my nails perfectly. Either way you need to go to the doctor and get treatment, as a fungus will spread to to other nail beds, and psoriasis will continue to move further along the nail bed. Good luck
Oh yes go to da doc! Don't let this get worse! ( or spread to another nail!) Yes Bacteria is present- like UNDER THE nailbed- you can wash that S**T off with ajax! antibotics will be it for you!
Ihave had the same problem since i was a kid (i am now 23). A remedie i have been using for a year now.... is called Tea Tree Oil. It slowly but surely has been helping. My dermatologist recommended it and so did my nail tech! This has been a prob for me since i was about 5 with one of my nails. Another nail just started in dooing the same about 4 years ago.... I don't think there is a cure!
its a damadavite fungal infection,the store stuff doesnt work,go to doctor
try
sounds familiar..what I did was..I continued to use fungal cream..I also bought a small travel size of that hand sanitizer gel and put it in my purse and I put that on several times a day..I also washed my hands more than usual


i keep filing and trimming the affected nails (3) of them and they are beginning to grow out -it took 8 months to begin to look better..a couple of more months and I should be OK


I think the fungus cream does a little damage to the nail so I have stopped using that..because I want the nail to grow out more normal--

No comments:

Post a Comment